BASIC EDUCATION TRAINER CERTIFICATE (BETC)
Due to explosion of knowledge, there is a spread of Education not only in India, but all over the world. Due to this change, social needs are changed accordingly. A teacher is expected to face the new changes by undergoing through training for new trends in Education. Such training needs are satisfied by different agencies at different levels.
In this unit we will discuss the role of different agencies and their functions towards teacher Education at state, national and international level.
Training, preparation of teaching aids and Evaluation needs continuity to achieve quality Education.
Role and Functions of BETC program
Its functions are as under:
(a) To improve school – E ducation
(b) Continuing E ducation
(c) Non-formal E ducation
(d) Special E ducation.
(e)To make available ext ension – services to teacher – Education – institutions and coordinate the same.
( f)To prepare teaching aids for Educational institutions.
(g)To motivate teachers to undertake /investigative research regarding content cum methodology.
BETC (BASIC TEACHER TRAINER CERTIFICATE) is a running program under VMSS in which Education will be provide through tuitions with full guidance and planning to every children which are in 1-8 class in every village. There are three post divagations as required for the planning of BERC program:
1. Division Controlor (Administration) (D.C.)
2. District Education Controlor (Education) (D.E.C.)
3. District Controlor (Administration) (D.C.)
4. Block Controlor (B.C.).
5. Basic Education Trainor (B.E.T).
All the three post given upward are appointed/selected only the basis of their merit base marks i.e., the candidates have to obtain minimum 45% of marks in written exam of basic Education Trainor Test (BETT) which held under VMSS.
Role and responsibilities of District Education Controlor (D.E.C):
Responsibilities of D.E.C at D.C.:
• To maintain the quality of Education Evaluation and Development .
• To maintain availability if teachers.
• To collect and evaluate new possibilities of getting attention of students with new manners Smart Education.
• To make surveys in key areas where Education lacks.
• To organize Special Interest Groups.
The mission of our program is SKILL DEVELOPMENT
It has been classified in following aspects: